Filling Taxes

Most TRU students get a Tuition and Enrolment Certificate (T2202). You need this when filing your income tax. You can find it in myTRU by the end of February. It does not come in the mail.

T2202s may not be issued in the following situations:

  • Your course or program does not qualify. T2202 receipts are only issued for post-secondary courses of more than 3 weeks.
  • You have paid $100 or less in tuition and fees.


T4A forms for all scholarships, bursaries, awards, grants and honoraria are sent by Canada Post in late February.

Your Social Insurance Number (SIN) is now required for your tuition tax receipt. 

If you have not already done so, log in to myTRU and go to “Financial” then to “SIN for T2202” in order to securely record your SIN. Please note that if you did not have a SIN on file when your T2202 slip was generated, TRU will not be doing amendments.

Frequently Asked Questions

What information is in a T2022?
Why am I being asked for my Social Insurance Number (SIN)?
I am an International Student, am I required to provide a SIN? Do I need a T2022?
Where can I submit my Social Insurance Number (SIN) for use on the T2202?
Where can I find more information about the Social Insurance Number (SIN)?
How do I obtain a copy of my T2202/T2202A for a previous tax year?
What if I don't have a myTRU account or don't remember my user name or password?
Why is the amount on my T2202 different from the amount paid?
Why does my T2202 show the tuition I paid but doesn't show the number of months I was enrolled?
What if I have questions about my income tax return or understanding tax deductions?
For the Education amount on my T2202 (Tuition and Education Certificate), am I considered a full-time or part-time student?
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has contacted me because they need an explanation about my "Undeclared" program.  What do I need to do?
Why is the address shown on my T2202 not correct?
Why is the form called T2202 and not T2202A?
After reading all the information on this website, I still have a question.  Whom should I contact?


Article ID: 8924
Wed 2/21/24 9:54 AM
Wed 2/21/24 9:54 AM